A unique experience in our date fruit plantation – join a farm tour by the Chance’s date palms.
About the date fruit:
Date palms picking occurs between mid-August through to the beginning of September.
This fascinating tour is instructed by date growers, in either Hebrew, English or French.
On the program
Enjoy freshly picked date fruit samples,
Learn about the process of date growing,
Learn about the impressive uniqueness of the date fruit in the Hebrew Bible’s “Seven Species”.
Hungry? Welcome to The Chance Restaurant.
The Small Print:
לסיור עצמו יש לתאם מראש.
ניתן להזמין מראש תפריט תמרים ייחודי במסעדה.
הסיור הוא ללא עלות לסועדים במסעדה, מעשרה אנשים ומעלה.
מתאים לקבוצות עד עשרים איש.
Farm tours should be coordinated in advance.
The Chance Restaurant offers a special date fruit menu, which can be ordered in advance.
The farm tour is designed for groups of up to 20 participants.
Call us for reservations: 972-50-352505035
Grilled peppers and onions stuffed dates – recipe
- Roast 1 pepper of each color, 1 hot pepper and 1 tomato (optional).
- Insert roasted vegetables into a nylon bag for easy peeling.
- Cool vegetables and peel.
- Slice vegetables thinly, add lemon juice of half-lemon, olive oil, salt and 3 chopped garlic cloves.
- Fry onions.
- Grate Bulgarian cheese with grater (optional).
- Divide 5-7 Majhoul dates into two and stuff with mixture. Add fried onions and Bulgarian cheese (optional).
- Plate; decorate with raw tahini and date honey and serve.
Date fruit menu
Meat stuffed dates – Majhoul dates filled with ground beef meat, parsley, garlic, onions and lemon sauce
Rice cooked with dried fruit, dates, nuts and almonds
Summer chicken salad – grilled seasoned chicken breast, served on a bed of fresh vegetables: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, dates and walnuts. Seasoned with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and date honey.
Date fruit desserts:
Date rolls – a ball made of date fruits, puffed rice, coconut and nuts
Sweet stuffed date fruits – halved dates filled with walnuts, coconut and pistachios
Semolina and date cake, served with caramel syrup